Tuesday, March 14, 2006

And Yet (BCP)

They burned the house of God, broke down the wall of Jerusalem, burned all its palaces with fire, and destroyed all its precious vessels.

What a difficult reading from 2 Chronicles. God was mighty in his righteous indignation. God used outsiders to let his people know he was not happy with their actions, their decisions, their worldview. God went to the point of allowing his own house (the temple in Jerusalem) to be destroyed.

And Yet.

And yet, after 70 years of cooling off, God decided to give it another go. He worked again through outsiders, but was to retrun to his home. He fulfilled his promise to Jeremiah. God does not forget his promises. God does not forget us. No matter what we do, if we have the faith in/of Christ in our hearts and on our lips, by grace we have been saved through faith.

The weight of the quarter sits upon my shoulders. I'm so greatful for the "And Yet." I need God to remember me for by my own works I will surely fail.

No comments: