Monday, May 08, 2006

not feeling generous (BCP)

So it was that for an entire year they met with the church and taught a great many people, and it was in Antioch that the disciples were first called "Christians."

The title above has more to do with me than it does with any of the readings for today. I'm not feeling very generous today. The flipping acting director of field education is up my ass about my work learning agreement. I feel like I'm in the opening scene of Office Space and have placed the wrong cover sheet on my TPS Reports. Grrrr!

Along those not so generous lines, guess what I learned today. I learned that followers of Jesus were first called Christians in Antioch (Acts 11). Guess where I didn't learn that. New Testament class, that's right. Grrrr!

And then I read this
Beloved, let us love one another, because love is from God; everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love. (1 John 4)

A perfect end to my not so generous day. Convicted of my need to love more. I know! Seriously, I know!

So, its back to prayer for a more generous spirit and a softer heart.

Almighty and eternal God, so draw our hearts to you, so guide our minds, so fill our imaginations, so control our wills, that we may be wholly yours, utterly dedicated to you; and then use us, we pray, as you desire, and always to your glory and the welfare of your people; through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.

1 comment:

Mike Croghan said...

Momma said there'd be days like this.... :-)