Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Where is God? (BCP)

A question that I've asked myself a lot since coming to seminary. Is God in the chapel? Not often!
Is God in the classroom? Occasionally.
Is God in the refectory? NO!
Where is God?

If I were Elijah I'd be smart enough to know that God is not in the loud noises of the chapel, the earthshattering revelations of the classroom, or the firey heartburn of the refectory. God is in the silence. God is in the library as person after person comes to a deeper knowledge of him. God is in my walk to Aspinwall as I'm reminding of the A&M flag flying after Adam's death. God is in the artifical silence of our Morning Prayer service as I long that he might send his Son back to earth. God is here at seminary, just not where I expect him to be.

1 comment:

Peter Carey said...

Yes.
I can't tell you the number of times when I see Aspinwall and see the A&M Flag and Adam's Cleats waving to me in the wind.
I see God in the strangest of places; while bored in a setting with other students; when I sit and procrastinate my work on the 2nd floor of the BPL and gaze upon trees; when I pray for those preaching and serving in chapel...
Good stuff here, Steve