Tuesday, April 11, 2006

BCP- Aslan

When it was evening on that day, the first day of the week, and the doors of the house where the disciples had met were locked for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you." After he said this, he showed them his hands and his side. Then the disciples rejoiced when they saw the Lord. Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you." When he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained."

I must admit that there is still a large part of me who believes that I will gain some type of spiritual fruit through intention. While I believe with Luther that there is nothing that I can do to earn Grace that Grace does become more evident by actively working toward it. Jesus does not say "Your saved now go about your business" He says, "Follow me." For me actions are important if for nothing else it takes me out of the mindset that I can somehow think my way somewhere. It is good to be back doing something even through the effort.

For a class I am to think about persons who have influenced me. Providing I do not disappear again (again I sometimes forget that intention is not action so while my intention today is not to disappear it will be my feet that will have the final vote) I will be seeking to reflect on persons who have influenced. Aslan has definitely influenced me.

More than that CS Lewis vision has influenced me. I was struck this morning with Jesus "breathing" the holy spirit on them. While I had connected Aslan to Jesus I never connected his breathing with anything. This was a pleasant discovery. More on Lewis later...

1 comment:

spankey said...

glad to have you back. check this out if you feel so moved. http://dccohort.blogspot.com/