Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Have you read Acts?

When they had made the prisoners, Peter and John, stand in their midst, they inquired...


I'm rushing tonight to be done before American Idol. I know, I know, one shouldn't rush through a spiritual discipline. I know, I know, American Idol?!? I know, I know. But actually it was in my rushing (read reading in a different context) that I saw something I have yet to realize this week. Peter and John are in jail already, and its only Easter 3; its only Acts 4. Wow, how did we get here from the empty tomb? We're already in trouble, we're already causing problems, we're already blessed with the Holy Spirit (well sort of, we've got some time before Pentecost).

There seems to be a lot to reflect on as our Lectionary propels us so quickly from Resurrection to Martyrdom to the Catholic Epistles of John. Wow!

OK Rod Stewart Nite on IDOL!!!! Do you think I'm sexy?

No comments: