Tuesday, February 07, 2006

BCP- Mark 2:1-12

I do not have anything erudite to say. This is probably wise as my estimation of my intelligence may be way off track anyway. It's early so I am writing in silence but I must admit that the Gospel propelled me further into silence. The stunning took place considering the charge that the scribes place upon Jesus. As God, Jesus ability to forgive sin is not blasphemy so it only appears to be blasphemy as Jesus stands before them as a man. What struck me is that Jesus grants his followers the ability to forgive sins through him. He sends his disciples out to heal and exorcise demons. There is a depth here that needs to be mined. I imagine however that if the scribes are going to be concerned with Jesus forgiving sins they will be a little more concerned with Jesus' followers doing it also.

No comments: